Charles N. Ogan
Charles Ogan attended DePaul University College of Law where he received his Juris Doctor in 1996. While attending law school, Mr. Ogan was a writer for the Journal of Arts and Entertainment Law. In 1993, Mr. Ogan received a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in History and German from Illinois Wesleyan University. He studied one semester at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany.
Before joining Mevorah Law Offices LLC, Mr. Ogan served as an Assistant States Attorney in both DuPage County and Macon County. Through his seventeen years as a prosecutor, he litigated hundreds of cases that included many complex felony jury trials. Mr. Ogan received extensive trial experience in the areas of child abuse and neglect cases while a prosecutor in DuPage County. As a prosecutor, he worked closely with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (“DCFS”) prosecuting cases including extreme physical child abuse, shaken babies, and Munchausen by Proxy. Mr. Ogan zealously worked to protect abused and neglected children, and now brings that passion to defend his clients and their families.
Subsequent to being a prosecutor, Mr. Ogan practiced family law at a prestigious Chicago firm. Mr. Ogan has guided his clients through the divorce and parentage process, obtaining beneficial judgments for his clients, including custody, visitation, and support orders. Mr. Ogan obtained Emergency and Plenary Orders of Protection for abused men, women, and children, as well as defending against Orders of Protection when needed. Mr. Ogan has achieved success in emotionally charged removal hearings.
Mr. Ogan is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois.
- Macon County State’s Attorney, Decatur, IL, Assistant State’s Attorney, 1997-2001
- DuPage County State’s Attorney, Wheaton, IL, Assistant State’s Attorney, 2001-2014
- Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Chicago, IL, Associate, 2014-2016
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State of Illinois Bar, 1997
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- DuPage County Juvenile Officers Association, Board Member, 2012-2014
- DuPage County Juvenile Officer’s Association Special Commendation
- DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Special Commendation, 2014