How an Attorney can Help your Workers Compensation Claim.
[caption id="attachment_918" align="alignright"]
Contact a workers compensation attorney to ensure your claim is filed correctly.[/caption]
When filing for worker's compensation
, many people do not know if they need a lawyer or not. But it is important for people to contact a lawyer in order to correctly file for worker's compensation. You should contact a lawyer immediately in several different situations.
- First of all, you should contact a lawyer when your workplace injury is severe enough that surgery is required.
- Second, if you and your doctor has determined that you will not return to the condition that you were in before your injury, even if the injury is moderate to severe, a lawyer should be contacted.
- You should talk to a lawyer if you will no longer be able to go back to work at your current job.
- If you think you cannot go back to work full time but work in some capacity.
- You already have disabilities before the injury even occurred.
- If you feel your employer is not giving you the correct benefits or if you want to know if there is a possibility of additional benefits.
- If your medical benefits have been denied.
- If you feel your employer's decision was wrong and you would like to dispute it.
- And especially if you are unsure of the worker's comp process and would like representation.
However, no matter what the injury is you are entitled to hire an attorney to help file your work comp. If your employer has disputed any of your claims, it is extremely important for you to contact a lawyer.
If you or anyone you know is thinking about filing for worker's comp, be sure to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Contact
an experienced Illinois Worker's Compensation Attorney today.