Getting into a car accident can be a very scary experience for most people. Often times, getting into a car accident can result in serious injuries that can lead to permanent damage if not treated correctly. When you are recovering from injuries from a car accident, the last thing you want to do is relentlessly fight with your insurance company to get a fair settlement. Dealing with any type of insurance company can be annoying — they often will try everything they can to give you the smallest settlement possible. Here are five tips that can help you deal with your car insurance company after an accident:
Make Sure You Are Prepared
Before you submit your claim or call the claims adjuster that your insurance company has assigned to you, you should make sure that you have everything that you will need to submit the claim. Check and make sure you have copies of things such as:
- Evidence that you collected at the scene of the accident, such as photos;
- A list of damages to your vehicle;
- Cost estimates to repair your vehicle;
- All medical expenses that are related to the accident;
- Medical records, notes from your physician, and personal notes on your pain and limitations you may have from injuries resulting from the accident; and
- The police report.
Stick to the Facts
When you submit you claim, your claims adjuster will call you to get your account of what happened. When this happens, it is important that you stick to the hard facts of the accident. Do not try to retell the accident second by second. Only answer questions that the adjuster has for you and try not to offer up unsolicited information....