Illinois Boating Accident Attorneys
Lawyers for Boat Accident Injuries in Cook, Kane and DuPage County
During the warm months, there are numerous opportunities to enjoy the beauty of Lake Michigan and other Illinois lakes and rivers. Boating on Illinois waterways is among the most popular summer activities in our state. Unfortunately, some watercraft operators drive carelessly or recklessly, leading to accidents with serious injuries and sometimes fatalities. If you or a loved one has been injured in a boat accident, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney so you understand your rights.
For over 40 years, Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices has represented clients injured in boating accidents in Chicagoland and throughout Illinois. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling boat accident cases and recovering full damages for our clients. We are skilled litigators inside the courtroom and strong negotiators outside of court.
We are highly recognized not only for our experience and skill, but for our tireless commitment to protecting the interests of our clients. Our attorneys are honest, compassionate, approachable, and accessible. Our clients appreciate our down to earth approach and responsiveness to their needs. We offer free consultations, extended evening and weekend hours, 3 area locations to serve you, and we provide regular updates on the progress of your case. We also handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis, so you only pay attorney fees if we win your case.
Common Causes of Boat Accidents in Illinois
Boating accidents can occur on watercraft both large and small. Examples include, speed boats, jet skis, fishing boats, pontoons and sailboats. Some of the common factors that contribute to accidents on the waterways include:
- Inexperienced Drivers: Because there is no formal training required for driving a boat, there are many drivers who are underage or are not properly trained to operate a watercraft.
- Reckless Driving: Other drivers know how to safely drive a boat, but still choose to drive carelessly or recklessly, often as excessive speeds.
- Driving while Intoxicated: Large amounts of alcohol tend to be consumed during boating activities. For this reason, accidents involving drunk drivers are all too common on Illinois waterways.
- Overweight Boats: If there are too many people piled into a boat, it can start to sink when it reaches high speeds, putting the lives of the driver and passengers in jeopardy.
- Equipment Failure: Boats can experience mechanical failure due to poor maintenance and/or defective parts. Equipment failure or inadequate equipment such as missing running lights while on the waterways can lead to serious accidents.
At Mevorah & Giglio Law Offices, we understand that when you have been injured in a boating or motor vehicle accident, it can take a major physical, emotional and financial toll on you and your family. We believe the last thing you need is additional stress dealing with the legal process. The needs of our clients are our top priority, and we work hard to make your experience with us as smooth and seamless as possible. For a free consultation with one of our skilled Illinois boat accidents lawyers, contact our attorneys today at 630-932-9100630-932-9100. We have 3 convenient offices to serve you including Bloomingdale, Naperville, and Lombard, Illinois.